Paxtonvic’s Blog

Just another weblog

What would you call…

Incase you havent seen Wingy’s amusing recent question/comment here it is:

What would be a good collective noun for a gathering of Churchwardens ???

Wingy suggests:  I think a ‘Squall’ of Churchwardens.
The Ayatollah ( not sure who that is, Wingy?!)  thinks a ‘cackle’.

Any ideas blog readers? How about  “ a wand” of churchwardens?

wand or even  ” a faculty” of churchwardens?

June 17, 2009 - Posted by | Uncategorized


  1. Perhaps the Ayotollah meant “Gaggle”? Difficult to think of a noun that is suitably descriptive – what about a cluster?

    Comment by scramble | June 17, 2009 | Reply

  2. The Ayatollah now thinks that a ‘disillusionment’ of Churchwardens might be appropriate; and she says she definately meant a ‘cackle’
    I think a ‘crypt’ of churchwardens, or a ‘burse’ of churchwardens, but definitely not a ‘pall’.

    Comment by Wingy | June 18, 2009 | Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: